Wednesday 18 July 2012

2nd day in Thailand

The 2nd day we went to Chatuchak Weekend Market.
Still in Bangkok..
I just left my DSLR camera in the house.
The mission was to shop till I drop.
So don't wanna bring that camera along.
This was the place we waited for No.3 bus to Chatuchak.


Then this what you can see there in Chatuchak Market.
Sales! Cheap items for sale.
39Baht for shades..
You just cant find that in Malaysia.

39Baht!!!!!

We go around Chatuchak for 7 hours!
Started around 11am until 6pm.
Another day of feet agony.
Luckily I got myself a comfy slippers.
 So walking around was way better.

Walking Around Chatuchak Market will amuse you.
There were thousands of shops.
Even talented people performing with their instruments.
One group of guys even performed a Lady Gaga - Paparazzi song.
I don't know what instrument, but they perform well.


Not forgetting the foods there...
As usual... PORK was all over.
NO complaints for that!
I manage to eat TomYum Kung and Somtam over there.
It is just soooooooo gooooooood!
The Tom Yum was so delicious.
Natural, not using paste, the taste was marvelous!
The Somtam was spicy, but still the best, pure flavors.

Tom Yum Kung

Somtam

After a whole day walking around and spent RM1K+.
We decided to go back.
The way back was so tough.
We have to battle with directions and language barriers.
Chatuchak Market was so confusing.
At last we met the right bus stop.
With a help from a very kind lady we took a bus back to KSR.
Well... this time we stopped early than the supposed stop.
We walked around 2km probably more back to our little house.

After we reached, we relaxed for a bit then went to KSR for food.
We look around for food and also a luggage bag.
Since I bought tonnes of thing, I need a luggage.

Foot massage.. [ignore the hairy feet]
after found a luggage, we tried the foot massage.
It was divine..
The aching feet really needs that massage.

Then we just walk around...
Guess what we found there?
Fried insects.
Grasshoppers, silk worms, crickets and etc.
so... I decided to give it a try.
It costs 30Baht for 4 pieces.
I took the grasshopper.
I even shared it with a tourist.
It was crunchy, and I could say tasty too.

Yummy grasshopper, a must try in Thailand!

Then we went for some beer and cocktails.
The cocktail was very strong!
No doubt!
and on our way back...
We saw Thailand's Ronald McDonald!

Swasdee!
That was the end of the 2nd day...


No comments:

Post a Comment